- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 1 day
WHAT IS STRETCHING AND TAPING MASSAGE ?
Sports massage is proven to release and reduce tension in muscles, improve circulation and encourage the removal of waste products such as lactic acid during high intensity activity and can help to relax the body. All of this helps promote recovery and reduces the chance of muscle injury.
Stretching and Taping can be used in conjunction with Sport massage as preventative treatment once the player returning to sport as part of the rehabilitation programme or to prevent injury occurring again.
Stretching: Stretching, as it relates to physical health and fitness, is the process of placing particular parts of the body into a position that will lengthen, or elongate, the muscles and associated soft tissues.
What is Kinesiology taping?
Kenzo Kase, a Japanese-American chiropractor, developed the product in the 1970s. It is a way to facilitate the body’s natural way of healing process and help to increase the benefits of manual therapy for the longer amount of time after the patients leave the clinic.
It is a therapeutic method that is allowed for different clinical conditions including rehabilitation from sport injuries, muscle strains, Knee and shoulder injuries. It is mainly used for pain relief and support, so it let the patient to get back to a normal and pain free activity quicker.
- Theory of Stretching and Kinesiology Taping.
- Contraindication to Stretching and Taping.
- Passive and Active stretches of upper limb and lower limb.
- Application of Kinesiology Taping to muscles according to common condition/dysfunction.
- Anatomy and palpation of problematic muscles.
- Understanding and Treating muscles using stretching and taping techniques.
- Discuss the theory of Stretching and Taping.
- Discuss the contraindications to Stretching and taping.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of Stretching and taping.
- To identify the correct dysfunctions to perform stretching techniques and taping techniques.
- Understand the benefits of stretching and taping for each condition.
- Perform a treatment protocol using stretching and taping techniques.
- Learn and perform the stretching and taping techniques on upper limb and lower limb muscles.
Class notes/manuals, projector, whiteboard, skeleton, musculoskeletal charts, massage tables.
Assessment for Trainees:
Competency based practical and theory assessment.
Method of Training Delivery:
- Presentations by the trainer using power point presentation and skeleton.
- Trainee notes containing learning outcomes and lecture outline.
- Group activities including discussions, oral questions and answers.
- Demonstration of Stretching and Taping techniques by the trainer.
- Student practical where trainees learn and practice the Stretching and Taping techniques.
- Textbook/manual for home study.
The Trigger point therapy and Acupressure Course is designed to equip you with both theoretical and practical skills enabling you to work as a professional therapist in Kahuna Bodywork Therapy. The course is approved by Massage Association of Australia (MAA).
A Professional Certificate is gained at the end of the Course.
The CPE/CPD awarded can differ between associations, please contact your association for specific details. Points can be awarded for hours of training or for days of training.
• Students with basic knowledge of relaxation massage.
• Professional massage therapists who want to expand their training
• Time: 9am-5pm
PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING:
Stretching and Taping course is also conducting a one-on-one private course, particularly designed with 6 to 8 intensive hours of practice, which focuses on providing students with all the essential skills and knowledge prior to starting in the workforce.
More excitingly, by enrolling in the course, students will not only have the opportunity to practice the techniques on real clients but may also receive in-person treatment demonstration so they know and understand what the client feels like when receiving the same service that you are providing.
Le Spa Massage Academy offers a 1-day training course covering all correct treatment protocols and techniques to properly and proficiently perform Stretching & Taping Massage.
WHAT TO BRING
• 3 large-sized towels and 2 small-sized towels
• Your lunch
• Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfy outfits and short nails
1-day training: $420
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064
Contact 0448 932 465 / (07) 3368 3362