- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 1 day
WHAT IS LOMI LOMI ?
Lomi Lomi is a word in the Hawaiian and Samoan languages. Lomi means “to knead, to rub, or soothe; to work in and out, as the paws of a contented cat. It may also mean “to take and turn, to shift” as in “the sacred shift within you that is inspired by the healing kahuna.”
This is unique healing massage derived from the ancient Polynesians and more specifically the master healer of Hawaii. The massage is given in fluid, rhythmic motion using the forearms as well as hands. Some described this as feeling like gentle waves moving over the body.
Another feature is that different parts of the body may be massage at the same time. This assists the recipient in feeling totally relaxing as it is impossible or at least extremely difficult for the brain to focus on the two different areas at once. By not working on area in isolation, a deep sense of balance and harmony is achieved. The treatment can be done by one person or by two or more people working together. Having two people massaging tends to send the recipient into a higher state of relaxation.
WHAT IS HOT STONE MASSAGE THERAPY?
Stone therapy goes beyond the realms of traditional massage by transmitting and neutralising energy, removing blockages, dissolving stress and balancing the body to create a feeling of total well-being.
Hot stone massage therapy combines the human touch with heated basalt lava stones to relieve muscle tension, restore balance and melt away stress.
WHAT IS LE SIGNATURE LOMI LOMI HOT STONE THERAPY COURSE?
In this course you will learn Lomi Lomi massage technique with Hot Stones, that combines the best of the ancient art of massage.
You will learn how to use the hot volcanic stones and how to perform a beneficial, anti-stress, full body massage.
This is a genuine shock treatment for stress, anxiety, insomnia and turn on the muscle comforting.
WHAT IS THE BENEFITS OF HOT STONE THERAPY?
- Helps relieve muscle tension and pain
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Promotes sleep
- Boost immunity
- Encourages blood circulation and energy flow
- Releases toxins and assists body in self-healing
- Aids in faster injury recoveries
- LOMI LOMI HOT STONE MASSAGE THERAPY
- WHAT IS LOMI LOMI ?
- WHAT IS HOT STONE MASSAGE THERAPY?
- HOW HOT STONE THERAPY WORKS?
- SHORT HISTORY OF HOT STONE THERAPY
- MAIN TYPES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF STONES
- TYPES OF STONES USED FOR STONE MASSAGE
- ADVANTAGES OF USING HOT STONES
- MAIN BENEFITS OF HOT STONES
- ENDANGERMENT SITES WHERE HOT STONES CANNOT BE USED
- CONSULTATION & ASSESSMENT OF THE CLIENT
- CARING FOR THE STONES
- HOW TO HEAT THE HOT STONES
- SETTING UP ROOM
- STONE THERAPY TRATMENT
- CRITERIA TO HELP SELECT MASSAGE STONES
- STEP BY STEP OF LE SIGNATURE
- LOMI LOMI HOT STONE THERAPY
- PRONE POSTION (Face Down)
- BACK MASSAGE
- FRONT OF THE LEG
- SHOULDER, NECK, SCALP AND FACE MASSAGE .
LE SIGNATURE LOMI LOMI HOT STONE MASSAGE COURSE INCLUDES:
Prone (face down)
- Back Massage (trapezius, rhomboid, latissimus dorsi, erector, and QL)
- Buttock (gluteal muscles)
- Neck (scapular, trapezius & suboccipital muscles)
- Back of the leg (foot, achilles tendon, gastrocnemius, soleus & back of the thigh)
- Scalp Massage
Supine (face up)
- Front of the legs
- Shoulder and Neck
- Face and Scalp
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM HOT STONE THERAPY ?
During hot stone therapy, the heated stones will be placed on the specific parts of body, particularly along your spine, stomach, chest, face, palms, on your feet and toes.
The massage therapist will hold the heated stone to massage your body combine with Le Signature Lomi Lomi Massage techniques. The heat of stones allow therapist to access to deeper muscle layers which can relax muscle quicker, more effective than standard massage.
The combination between hot stone and Le Signature Lomi Lomi Massage techniques which including Western and Eastern techniques will release knots or tension deep in the muscle.
Hot stone when incorporate with massage will help melt away your tension and stresses.
Also, you should leave the session feeling revived, energized, relaxed and supported
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE HOT STONE THERAPY COURSE IN LE SPA MASSAGE ACADEMY?
- We combine the Hawaiian lomi lomi techniques with hot stone
- 100% Hand-on practical course
- Free Reviews at Anytime
- This is a great skill for therapists to learn as it is popular with clients and very low impact for therapists to perform.
- You Can Start you business after completion immediately
- 100% Satisfactory Rate / 5 Stars recommendation
- Access to Ongoing Professional Support
- Approved by International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT)=> This combination have made hot stone therapy become one of the most requested massage treatments in spas and clinics
- Students with basic knowledge of relaxation massage.
- Professional or amateur massage therapists who want to expand their training
- Time: 9am-5pm
WHAT TO BRING
- 3 large-sized towels and 2 small-sized towels
- Your lunch
- Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfy outfits and short nails
Hot Stone Massage $320
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064