- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 2 days
WHAT IS TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE COURSE?
Traditional Thai Massage, also known as Passive Yoga, is an ancient therapy from Thailand, a dry massage with comprehensive techniques to strengthen overall well-being. This massage is delivered by using palms, knees, elbows, and feet during therapeutic treatment. Through the use of passive stretching, acupressure, and energy line to work on different body positions, this traditional massage type effectively focuses on reducing tension, balancing the energy system in the human body and enhancing the flexibility of joints and musculoskeletal systems.
The Traditional Thai Massage Course is designed to equip you with both theoretical and practical skills enabling you to work as a professional therapist in Thai traditional massage therapy. The course is recognised by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT), of which Le Spa Massage Academy is a Platinum Training Provider. Once you have graduated with your Professional Certificate in Thai Traditional Massage, you are eligible to join IICT and gain professional membership which offers members with various advantages.
Note: To apply IICT Membership, a student has to study for 120 hours. For more information, please call us at 0448 932 465.
WHAT MAKES LSMA’s TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE COURSE UNIQUE?
The training is based on giving students the best of practical skills and a deep level of understanding in all the theoretical aspects. This improves confidence level, competency and experience for massage therapists, hence enhancing comfort level for clients during actual service delivery.
Classes are limited to a small group (maximum of 12 students per course) to ensure every trainee receives focused training and individualised attention. LSMA uses professional Thai massage mattresses imported from Thailand to suit the origin of Thai massage.
AIM OF THE COURSE
Provide students with the fundamental knowledge of Traditional Thai Massage and relevant techniques to this type of massage.
Enable students to perform Traditional Thai Massage in confident, safe and effective manner.
To support massage therapists to further develop techniques and skills.
The course is composed of both theoretical and practical lessons which deliver:
- HISTORY OF THAI TRADITIONAL MASSAGE
- INTRODUCTION TO THAI MASSAGE
- BASIC THEORIES IN THAI MASSAGE
- BASIC THEORY OF CAUSES OF SICKNESS IN THAI TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
- “SEN SIP” OR 10 LINES
- INFECTION CONTROL AND HYGIENE STANDARD
- WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY
- ANATOMY REVISION
- MUSCULAR SYSTEM (MUSCLES AND TENDONS)
- BENEFITS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- CONSULTATION AND ASSESSMENT
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT HEALTH ASSESSMENT INFORMATION FORM
- 10 MUSCLES OF THE HUMAN BODY AND “DANGER” SITES
- HAND EXERCISES
- THAI MASSAGE SEQUENCE
Special attention including the use of touch, deep breathing techniques, singing bowl, aromatherapy sprays, and mood music.
PRINCIPLE, RESEARCH AND CONCEPTS OF THE COURSE:
- The Thai massage course will start with introducing the history of Thai massage to facilitate understanding of its core principles. Different forms of Thai Massage are outlined, covering relevant basic theories (The four elements of life theory, sen sip theory). This information is drawn from peer-review research, based on Thai Tradition (references included)
- This course will also cover infection control, hygiene, work safety and anatomy revision.
- Furthermore, this course will outline contraindications to Thai Massage, along with principles of self-care for therapist. Finally, it will show massage sequences and how to perform complete Thai Massage Therapy (Step-by-step photos attached) Students will practice on real models or on each other.
- The course is aimed at qualified remedial massage therapists; therefore:
- Students are required to have knowledge of anatomy and muscle groups.
- Student require previous experience in health assessment, massage, bodywork and treatments.
- Students will be assessed prior the completion of the course.
Le Spa Massage Academy will conduct assessments towards the end of the course. Trainees are to receive professional certificates in Traditional Thai Massage once competently pass the assessments.
A Professional Certificate is gained at the end of the Course.
The CPE/CPD awarded can differ between associations, please contact your association for specific details. Points can be awarded for hours of training or for days of training.
- 2 full-training day
- 120 hours for IICT membership.
- Time: 9am-5:30 pm
2-day course: $660
120-hour (for IICT membership): (contact us for details)
WHAT TO BRING
- 2 large-sized towels and 2 small-sized towels
- Your lunch
- Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfy outfits (no jean, no dress or skirt) and short nails
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064
Call now: 044 893 2465