What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy sometimes known as Musculoskeletal Therapy is a branch of functional medicine that uses the latest CLINICALLY PROVEN techniques to assess and treat the cause of pain – rather than endlessly treating the symptoms. Myotherapy treatments involve a detailed interview and assessment of soft tissue structures (muscles, tendons and ligaments), joint mobility/function, nerve pathways, physical capacity and biomechanics (physical strengths and limitations). Myotherapy can aid in injury recovery, return to sport, tendinopathies, chronic pain states, sciatica, office related neck, shoulder and arm pain, disc pain, knee pain and much more.
Why choose a Myotherapy Treatment?
We all want to live life to the fullest, to be able to do the things we love and enjoy time with friends and family. Sometimes pain can really restrict our lives and we need more than what regular Remedial Massage can provide
Your Treatment will include
- A full assessment of the affected area
- A detailed diagnosis of the dysfunction
- An individualised treatment plans
- Appropriate therapy and rehab
Follow up Treatments
Follow up treatments may be required depending on your presenting condition, how long you have had the problem and what your goals are. More often than not you will need more than one treatment, however some issues may be improved with just a single session.
Different modalities that we use in Myotherapy treatment:
- Joint Mobilisation Myofascial release (MFR)
- Myofascial Cupping Trigger Point Therapy,
- Kinesiology Taping Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Neuromuscular Technique (NMT)
- Dry Needle Therapy Mobilisation with Movement
|30 minutes||45 minutes||60 minutes||90 minutes||120 minutes|