WHAT IS BB GLOW?
BB Glow is a safe and intensive skin treatment that uses microneedling to place semi-permanent pigments underneath the skin to replicate the radiant, dewy and smoothing effect of BB cream. It rejuvenates your skin and adds a soft blur to the skin, effectively tightening pores and hides acne and hyperpigmentation (or sunspots) blemishes. It’s a 2-in-1 skin rejuvenation combined with immediate skin brightening effects.
This is not a tattooing procedure as it is often mistaken for, because the ingredients of BB glow pigment are not made of tattoo ink. The pigment is made up of vitamins and plant extracts, as well as an “epidermal growth factor” that aids in accelerating skin healing. The actual BB glow pigment will not clog pores, as the particles are fine and are easily absorbed by the skin. This is because the pigment is placed below the skin, whereas usually cosmetic ingredients clog pores because they sit above the skin – weakening the skin’s ability to shed dead skin cells.
You will see results after 2- 3 sessions finding your skin more pore-less with a glowing and radiant complexion that will last up to 4 months.
WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
- Uneven skin tone
- Discoloration (hypopigmentation)
- Post acne
- Dark spots
- Aesthetic age changes
ADVANTAGES OF BB GLOW
- Long-term slight BB cream effect.
Instant lightening effect with a subsequent prolongation for up to 1 year.
- Quick result.
Apparent pigmentation reduction after the procedure.
- Control of excess melanin activity.
Brilliance, smooth complexion.
- Alignment of skin structure.
Narrowing of pores, reduction and smoothing of small wrinkles.
- Neutralization of free radicals and stimulation of cell renewal.
Moisturizing and renewing the skin.
- Stimulation of collagen synthesis
Smoothing of small and mimic wrinkles.
Restores even skin tone and radiant complexion
- Effective skin brightening, skin whitening and wrinkle reduction
- Promote regeneration of cells by speeding up new cell formation
- Unclog pores and neutralizes free radicals
- Reduces skin discoloration
- Reduces melanin content in the skin before and after UV exposure
- Waterproof and smudge proof
- Variety of colours to choose from
- Will not clog up pores unlike applying makeup foundation or BB creams
- Instant hydration of the skin, leaving skin feeling soft and supple
- Gradual lightening of the skin
- Restores even skin tone and radiant complexion
- Reduces skin discoloration & pigmentation
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Plumps the skin, assists in reducing fine lines and wrinkles
RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS OF BB GLOW?
- Allergies and contact dermatitis: These materials can lead to an increase on the risk of having allergies and contact dermatitis. Some of the formulas used in this treatment contain as many as 44 ingredients, many of which are known for having adverse effects on the skin.
- Post-inflammatory pigmentation (PIH): The risk of having PIH increases especially in people with paler skin tones, which are at the same time, the main target market for the BB Glow treatment.
- Cancer: The most concerning problem is that, on a long run, this treatment can lead to cancer, and it’s an adverse outcome that is invisible to the naked eye and may take years to show.
BB Creams are full of non-degradable substances that over time can be accumulated on your skin. Having it microneedled into your skin can trigger an immune response which may end up being prolonged. Also, getting a BB Glow precludes the possibility of getting future laser treatments, which can led to catastrophic effects. According to Dr. Ashraf Badawi, Associate Professor of Dermatology at the National Institute of Laser Sciences in Cairo University “when the ink used in these treatments interacts with lasers, skin can become burned and scarred. Also the ink can oxidise and turn blue, leading to a disfiguration that is very difficult, if not impossible, to treat”.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR TREATMENT?
Your skin is first cleansed, and then a light peel is applied to the skin. Following the peel, a peptide serum is microneedled into the skin to nourish and hydrate. The type of peel and serum your aesthetician uses is customised according to your skin condition and needs. The peel aids in the smother distribution of pigment, while the vitamin-infused serum enhances the illumination and softness of the skin.
Just like the serum, the pigment is dispensed underneath the skin via microneedling. This specific technique helps encourage the skin to regenerate and produce more collagen, leaving the skin plumper. Microneedling is also an excellent treatment to reduce wrinkles, discolouration and scars, so the treatment actually improves the quality of your skin overtime.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR TREATMENT?
COURSE OF 3 TREATMENTS RECOMMENDED WEEKLY WITH RESULTS LASTING UP TO 4 MONTHS.
Every skin is unique and some may need more treatments to reach the desired results.
TOP UP TREATMENT RECOMMENDED EVERY 3 MONTHS
1. Bloodless and non-traumatic technique
The procedure is painless and does not imply a rehabilitation period.
2. Effect of foundation for up to 1 year
Three procedures are required with an interval of 2-3 weeks to achieve this effect.
3. Only 60 minutes per procedure
Procedure takes 40-60 minutes. The number of procedures is determined by the master, individually for each client.