- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 1 day
WHAT IS TRADITIONAL CUPPING THERAPY?
There are many types of cupping, but flame cupping is the most traditional cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine and has been around for thousands of years. Cupping is based on the belief that certain health problems can be caused by stagnant blood and a poor energy flow through your body. To reduce or prevent those health issues, cupping practitioners apply cups, typically glass, to your skin to create a pressure that sucks your skin inward. The pressure that the cups create draws blood to the affected area, increasing your blood flow overall.
Traditional Chinese: treats specific internal disorders using meridian points
WHAT IS MYOFASCIAL CUPPING?
►Was invented by David Sheehan in 2002
►Different from other traditional cupping therapy
►Cups are applied using gliding motion on the stiff and fixed area ,called “trigger point” and sometimes stationery
►This technique releases fascial restrictions
►Should be no bruising on the skin.
►Sometimes leaves slight bruise.
Myofascial: targets musculoskeletal systems
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Pain relief
- Increase blood circulation
- Relieve muscle tension
- Improve range of motion
- Reduce inflammation
- Treat sport injuries
- Boost immunity and relieve a cold
- Promote relaxation and well-being
- Stress relief
WHAT IS THE COURSE STRUCTURE?
Le Spa Massage Academy offers a 1-day training course covering all the fundamentals of Cupping Therapy. This course is designed to build a strong foundation for using traditional and myofascial cups, particularly focusing on treating musculoskeletal conditions and treats specific internal disorders using meridian points. These theoretical and practical sessions will provide attendants with various knowledge and techniques to apply in different problematic areas.
The practical workshop will include plastic, silicon and glass cups for flame-cupping.
The Myofascial Cupping Therapy Course is designed to equip you with both theoretical and practical skills enabling you to work as a professional therapist in Traditional Cupping Therapy and Myofascial Cupping Therapy. The course is approved by Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA), Massage Association of Australia (MAA) and recognised by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT), of which Le Spa Massage Academy is a Platinum Training Provider. Once you have graduated with your Professional Certificate in Myofascial Cupping Therapy, you are eligible to join IICT and gain professional membership which offers members with various advantages. The completion of this course also allows you to gain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points towards your HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage.
- History of cupping therapy
- The differences between Myofascial Cupping & Traditional Chinese Cupping
- Meridian Lines and Meridian Points
- Theory behind meridian lines and cupping therapy
- What can cupping therapy treat?
- Traditional Cupping Techniques
- Cupping Discolouration
- Myofascial Cupping
- Fascial and Fascial Adhesions
- Benefits of myofascial cupping
- Types of cupping
- When not to use cups
- What to avoid after cupping
- Preparation for cupping practice
- Types of cups
- 10 basic muscles
- Areas to be avoided
- Practical session (fun part)
After completion of the course practitioner will confidently add your skill of Traditional and Myofascial Cupping on clients including back, neck, chest, hips, lateral leg, hamstrings, ITB, posterior shoulder, calf and foot, anterior leg, arms, quads and knees in your clinic.
- Practitioners to deepen understanding and confidence towards the uses of cups in massage therapy
- Practitioners perform assessment of traditional and myofascial adhesion with greater confidence and accuracy
Le Spa Massage Academy will conduct assessments towards the end of the course. Trainees will receive a certificate once competently pass all relevant assessments.
- 1 full-training day (8 hours for CPE Points).
- 1 full-training day (8 hours for CPE Points approved by ANTA). Or 16 hours for IICT membership.
- Time: 9am-5:30 pm
1-day training: $320
2-day training: $560
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064