- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 1 day
WHAT IS CUPPING THERAPY?
There are many types of cupping, but flame cupping is the most traditional cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine and has been around for thousands of years. Cupping is based on the belief that certain health problems can be caused by stagnant blood and a poor energy flow through your body. To reduce or prevent those health issues, cupping practitioners apply cups, typically glass, to your skin to create a pressure that sucks your skin inward. The pressure that the cups create draws blood to the affected area, increasing your blood flow overall.
WHAT IS MYOFASCIAL CUPPING?
Myofascial Cupping is a soft-tissue therapy that encourages healing by creating a negative pressure or suction on the skin using plastic or silicon cups. This pressure is to pull up underlying tissues, blood, and other fluids close to the surface of the skin.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Pain relief
- Increase blood circulation
- Relieve muscle tension
- Improve range of motion
- Reduce inflammation
- Treat sport injuries
- Boost immunity and relieve a cold
- Promote relaxation and well-being
- Stress relief
WHAT IS THE COURSE STRUCTURE?
Le Spa Massage Academy offers a 1-day training course covering all the fundamentals of Cupping Therapy. This course is designed to build a strong foundation for using myofascial cups, particularly focusing on treating musculoskeletal conditions. These theoretical and practical sessions will provide attendants with various knowledge and techniques to apply in different problematic areas.
The practical workshop will only be manipulated with plastic and silicon cups [not flame-cupping].
The Myofascial Cupping Therapy Course is designed to equip you with both theoretical and practical skills enabling you to work as a professional therapist in Myofascial Cupping Therapy. The course is approved by Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) and recognised by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT), of which Le Spa Massage Academy is a Platinum Training Provider. Once you have graduated with your Professional Certificate in Myofascial Cupping Therapy, you are eligible to join IICT and gain professional membership which offers members with various advantages. The completion of this course also allows you to gain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points towards your HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage.
- History of cupping therapy
- Endangerment areas in cupping
- Set-up of treatment room and grooming standard
- Infection control and contra-indications
- Use of equipment and equipment handling
- Type of cups and method of cup
- Using cups as a regular part of treatment
- Flame cupping and air cupping
- Application of cupping including practical sequences, and correct pressure amount and direction.
After completion of the course practitioner will confidently add your skill of Myofascial Cupping on clients including back, neck, chest, hips, lateral leg, hamstrings, abdomen, posterior shoulder, calf and foot, anterior leg, arms, quads and knees in your clinic.
- Practitioners to deepen understanding and confidence towards the uses of cups in massage therapy
- Practitioners perform assessment of myofascial adhesions with greater confidence and accuracy
Le Spa Massage Academy will conduct assessments towards the end of the course. Trainees will receive a certificate once competently pass all relevant assessments.
- 1 full-training day (8 hours) and 15 practical hours if necessary.
- Time: 9am-5:30 pm
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064