- Instructor: Kim Le Robertson
- Duration: 4 days
WHAT IS TRADITONAL THAI MASSAGE?
Traditional Thai Massage or Chaleoi-sak massage is an ancient therapy from Thailand, a dry massage with comprehensive techniques to strengthen overall wellbeing. This massage is delivered by using palms, knees, elbows and feet during therapeutic treatment. Through the use of passive stretching, acupressure and energy line to work on different body positions, this traditional massage type effectively focuses on reducing tension, balancing the energy system in the human body and enhancing flexibility of joints and musculoskeletal systems.
The Traditional Thai Massage Course is designed to equip you with both theoretical and practical skills enabling you to work as a professional therapist in Thai traditional massage therapy. The course is approved by Australian Natural Therapist (ANTA) and recognised by the International Institute for Complimentary Therapists (IICT), of which Le Spa Massage Academy is a Platinum Training Provider. Once you have graduated with your Professional Certificate in Thai Traditional Massage, you are eligible to join IICT and gain professional membership which offers members with various advantages. The completion of this course also allow you to gain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points towards your HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage.
WHAT MAKES LSMA’s TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE COURSE UNIQUE?
The training is based on giving students the best of practical skills and deep level of understanding in all the aspects. This improves confidence level, competency and experience for massage therapists hence enhancing comfort level for clients in actual service.
Classes are limited to a small group (maximum of 12 students per course) to ensure every trainee receives focused training and attention. LSMA uses professional Thai massage mattresses imported from Thailand to suit the origin of Thai massage.
AIM OF THE COURSE
- Provide students with the fundamental knowledge of Traditional Thai Massage and relevant techniques to this type of massage.
- Enable students to perform Traditional Thai Massage in confident, safe and effective manner.
- To support massage therapists to further develop techniques and skills.
No previous training or experience necessary
The course is composed of both theoretical and practical lessons which deliver:
- Historical Roots of Thai Massage
- Introduction to Thai Massage
- Basics of Anatomy and Physiology
- Benefits and contradictions
- Thai massage techniques
- Sen sip or 10 lines
- Positioning of Client
- Posture of Massage Therapist
- Traditional Thai Massage Sequence
Special attention including the use of touch, deep breathing techniques, singing bowl, aromatherapy sprays and mood music.
Le Spa Massage Academy will conduct assessments towards the end of the course. Trainees are to receive professional certificate in Traditional Thai Massage once competently pass the assessments.
2-days course (16 hours)
4-days course (32 hours)
08/31 Black Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064
- Train: 7 mins from Central Station to Milton Station
- Bus: 14 mins from Roma Street (Stop 138) near Ann Street to Milton
WHAT TO BRING
- 2 large-sized towels and 2 small -sized rowels
- Your lunch
- Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the course
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfy outfits (no jean, no dress or skirt) and short nails
2-day course: $440
4-day course: $800
All early-bird bookings (4 weeks in advance) receive 10% off the course fee.